Friday, May 14, 2010

Haters, Part II

I finally finished my projects last week and entered 3 different competitions with these projects. Won IEEE 1st place in "Made in UAE" category, Won IEEE 2nd place in "Common Design" category, and Won 2nd place and Best Idea in "ESREC'2010". It was a week full of awards ^_^!

So now that I'm done from these stuff, I finally entered the online world of SSFIV! I liked the lobby system and how you can spectate matches. But one thing I did not like... THIS MAKES HATERS EVEN HATE MORE! lol.

I'm so gonna sound arrogant in this post. So guys bare with me on this one.

Back in the days, when you beat someone up badly, they would have the idea that their big bro or their pro friend would come and kick my ass later on. But now that SSFIV supports multiple player. This guy watches his beloved ones die and suffer in pain by the same hands that took away his life. Suddenly you see your mail box being spammed by hate mail. lately I've became to a realization. IGNORE THESE MESSAGES. they're too annoying to reply. Don't even bother opening them. That's what I started to do.

around 4 days ago, I joined this room that was almost full, I finally get my turn and I kept my position at top for around 25 matches. one of the players namely "seezar" is a scruby Guile, "Sonic boom, Sweep, Jump Backwards, Sweep, Repeat". I'm not sure if he knows that Guile has another special move. Anyways, I win this guy like with 4 perfects, until now everything is going smooth, then my friend joins this lobby, we had a very close game, he won eventually. So I see a message from seezar, it was like this "You NOOB! you spammer!, this guy won you with effort!!" and something like that. Well, if playing viper and using her FFF/SJFADC/SJC-Seismo is being noobish, then I guess I am a Noob.

Next round when I reached on top again it was against my friend also, so when the round started, this seezar guy started spamming empty messages to me hoping that I would lose. Well, I did not lose, so, let him burn more! I blocked this guy afterwards.

Next day, I join a game, I find the same guy in the lobby, my guess is this time he's with his friends in the lobby, suddenly a random guy that i never met sends me a message saying "Fight like a man", I thought probably this seezar told his friends that I dont play like a man? >.>, well whatever, I beat everyone in the room and leave. I started then to get swamped by message, so I blocked them all.

Later I join another room, I got kicked instantly. I send the host "Trable-Boss" a message asking him if he was afraid? he said he aint afraid of kids that post videos of their matches on youtube. So I thought maybe he does not want to have losing vids of him on youtube? but the "kid" part was funny, I ask him how old are you?, he replies with something that has totally nothing about answering. He starts saying dont you have school to go to and homeworks to do? I cracked a bit, asked him again, ok how old are you?, again he does not answer, instead he kept swamping me with curses and hatred. Then one friend of mine tells me that he's a high school kid. So I leave him be and left.

I again join another room to get kicked instantly. What's happening. A friend told me this is the tax of being famous~ lol. And just moments ago, I join a room with low level players and started winning them. I leave to go eat lunch, I come back to find at least 20 messages of the same people inviting me back to the room, namely "hadif001" and "night-madness", so night tells me my bro will kick your ass, come to the room. Well, if his bro is any good, I would accept a good match, the problem is I could not join the room again, not sure why, kept trying, restarting but with no hope. So I decided to just ditch the game. So both of them kept saying I chickened out, I already joined another room while they were swamping me with mail. So I could not reply them. And while I was playing in the other room, I realized that I dont really have to answer these mails and that its just a waste of time and energy.

I dont understand some people. Just because they lose they start hating. Some people would use that to improve and become better, which what all people should do. But just hating on is stupid. you lose because you don't practice enough. You should at least respect the effort put on training by the other player when you lose constantly. Then you should ask yourself why do you keep losing and work on improving yourself.

I've played around 500 matches up to now in SSFIV, and I got a win rate of 83% So to all of you haters who think that I am some 'noob' , stop hating and get better instead.

2 comments:

  1. Yea ignoring them is best, but sometimes trolling them is kinda fun :D

    For me hate mail is part of my daily life since people easily get pissed at Fuerte if they don't know how to fight him.

    But what really pisses me off is when you lose to someone in ranked matches, and you send them a message to give them props, and they respond with insults. Why hate when you win? some people are messed up really.(This happened a lot to me in SF4, didnt play SSF4 enough to have it happen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given up on playing random people in this region in SF4/SSF4. I just stick to the people who I know are good and don't have childish attitudes. I play this game to improve whether I win or lose, and these retards do not understand that, and think that you have to play with some 'honour' and refrain from using a certain move etc.

    I think if I play top players, I'll get eaten alive, I want to give it my best shot. Even some of UAE's and Kuwait's supposed top players have attitude problems (shocking since a top player should not have this mentality) but it happens.

    I've stuck to playing Europeans on Xbox Live, much better connection than playing people in this region on PS3, and you learn far, far more.

    Props for being a top player with an excellent attitude, look forward to when you nail inputs consistently. :)

    ReplyDelete